There are two core areas on which our workshop activities are focused:
1.Workshop Activities – Chocolate Making; Pottery Unit; Candle Making,Jewelery Making, Rangoli Making and Pot Painting . Products and handicraft items such as handmade paper bags, lanterns, earthenware lamps etc.
2. Performing Arts – Dance, Drama, Music, etc.
Benefits from the activities:
1. Regulation: Offers a regulated daily routine for MCF.
2. Discipline: It disciplines their day; as adults they need to have a chalked out day.
3. Self-confidence: It gives them confidence, being involved in productive work.
4. Self-esteem: Enhances their self-esteem.
5. Reduces behavioural problems: 80% of them have behavioural problems, which mainly arise from boredom and frustration.
6. Self-expression: Music and dance give the MCF an opportunity to express themselves.
The MCF learn to coordinate their movements.
The MCF learn to perform in coordination with others.
8. Happiness: The MCF derive immense happiness and joy.
9. Interaction with other MCF and with mainstream society: The MCF participates in competitive events; thus they get a platform for interacting with other MCA and with mainstream society.
10. Joy and Pride of achievement: When the MCF perform to an audience and get a standing ovation or win prizes, every other joy will pale in comparison to the joy on their faces.